Looking to create a report in Skuid to show Skuid page usage

I want to create a table in Skuid that basically shows the number of times users are visiting a Skuid page.  Basically an adoption report for a particular Skuid page.  Any ideas how to build something like this?

Maybe a custom object. Add a field for each page you want to track. Create a model on the page that only allows one record conditioned to only show records owned buy the currently logged in user. The latest version of Skuid has page load actions. On page load, you could update the field corresponding to that page in your custom object model. You may want to do a UI only field to do a simple calc or Original field value + 1 Then use the value of that UI only field to update the database field of your custom object.

Eric,

I’ll ‘riff’ on Raymonds suggestion.  You can add a Lookup to skuid__Page__c to your custom object and have 1 row per page, then you’d only have 1 other field on the object ‘count’.  I really like Raymond’s approach as it is something that is quick to get going.

If you want to track more detail (like who visited and when), you could look at Big Objects.  This would mean going to a custom (i.e. Apex) solution, but you would have 1 record per page visit.  This would allow you to look at what order pages are visited.

Thanks,

Bill

Interesting, Bill… I wonder if a page load action could create a new record on the custom object and populate the fields with whatever info the developer wants to track. You could have a field called “Page Name” and populate with “Contact Detail” for example. Then you could populate a custom field “user” with the name or ID of the currently logged in user. The created date would track the time of login. You could add additional fields as needed for whatever you are trying to track. Then you can slice and dice the data however you want including aggregate models and visualizations. I like this idea even better. Bill wins!

Many thanks to all, this gives me a path to follow!