State names suddenly wrong

The previously accurate state codes I was showing on my SKUID-ified Contact layout now gives me random (seemingly Italian) state names instead of the correct USA states.

However, when editing the picklist, the correct value is shown:

This is confusing my users greatly, any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Eulogio

Eulogio,

I am working with a customer who sees this issue when viewing the State/Province Code through another object (like showing a related Account’s State/Province Code on a Contact detail page).  I am not seeing this in a field editor.

One thing that you should check is that you have added the ‘MailingCountryCode’ field to your field editor.  Make sure that it has ‘United States’ showing.  If this field is not set, then the ‘MailingStateCode’ will not show the right value.

What version of Skuid are you using?

Thanks,

Bill

Eulogio,

I wanted to update my comment. In my developer org., I have enabled State and Country Pick Lists. I am seeing the same issue as you.

I have a list of Accounts in a table. The ShippingStateCode field shows as province in another country even though I have the ShippingCountryCode field set to ‘United States’. I have Skuid 11.0.3 installed.

Skuid,

Will you take a look.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I did include the StateCode and CountryCode fields in my field editor. This was working fine a couple of months ago, so I suspect either Salesforce or Skuid came out with an update that disrupted this.

I enabled State and Country picklists at the beginning of this year, and was able to use them properly in Skuid.

I have 11.0.1 installed, and based on your experience, it doesn’t sound like updating will fix this problem. Hoping for an official response soon.

Thanks!
Eulogio

Hi Eulogio. Have you recently updated Skuid to 11.0.1, and did the issue begin at that time? 

Hi Mark,

I did recently update to 11.0.1 at the beginning of this month, but I did that hoping it would resolve this issue. I’ve been experiencing this for at least 3 months now I believe. Do you have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!
Eulogio

I’m trying to reproduce the issue now. If I can, I’ll then try to do the same in other Skuid versions. Salesforce also pushes frequent maintenance releases of their own, so we don’t know yet what has changed. If you can pinpoint when this issue first surfaced for you, that will help in investigating the cause. 

Were there changes to your org’s settings, or the Account fields & settings that may have had an effect? I know Bill is seeing the same issue, but I’m looking to rule out as many possible causes for the issue as I can. 

Also, which Skuid version were you using prior to upgrading to 11.0.1?

I believe it was 9.5.10?

Hi Eulogio and Bill, I can see the difference in performance between an org using Skuid 11.0.1 and an org using 9.5.6. Version 9.5.6 is behaving as expected, while it seems that 11.0.1 is rendering a state code without referencing its country code for context. More investigation will need to happen to pinpoint what has changed, but I will share this with our development team. We will update this conversation once we have more information, or a fix has been made available. Thank you very much for surfacing this issue. 

Mark,

I am glad you were able to replicate the issue.  Thanks for the update.

Best!

Bill

Mark - any update here. We at AFL updated our production environment to Millau today and we are seeing this issue.

Hi Daniel,

This is an issue that our engineers are currently working to resolve in a future release. I don’t have a timeframe for you yet, but I will keep you posted on this topic as more information is available. I will pass along the information that your production environment is affected. 

Mark - any update here?

All,

Just confirming that I still see a problem with the State name rendering in Skuid 11.0.5.

Thanks,

Bill

We are on 11.0.3. Does an upgrade to 11.0.5 fix it?

Hi Daniel, Eulogio and Bill,

Thank you for your patience. A fix for this is scheduled for our next maintenance release, and we’ll be sure to update this conversation to confirm when it’s available.

-Mark

@Mark has this been solved with 11.0.6?

Millau (11.0.6) - Release Notes

Bug Fixes

• [CORE-937] - Deck components inside a drawer, inside a popup cause their drawers to duplicate instead of close
  • [CORE-1116] - State/territory code fields in Orgs that use “State and Country/Territory Picklists” aren’t using Country Code for context
  • [CORE-1117] - Table Column Summaries should be disabled in “Mobile Responsive” view
  • [CORE-1191] - jQuery Rules applied to input, select and textarea elements in a popup
  • [CORE-1234] - Microsoft Excel DST: Excel Date formats for DATE and DATETIME fields are formatted incorrectly
  • [CORE-1256] - Page breaking JavaScript exception in Lightning Community Builder
  • [CORE-1258] - Feedback button positioning is cut off in left/right position
  • [CORE-1267] - Offline in VF does not load if Feedback is enabled
  • [CORE-1334] - User Licensing / Perm Set Auto Assignment does not work for Community User Self Registration
Does the 2nd bullet point correspond to this issue?

Hello Ashwat,

Thank you for pointing this out. The release notes for 11.0.6 did list the second bullet point, referencing a fix to this issue. However, the fix for this issue was actually present in Skuid release 11.1.1, not 11.0.6. Both versions were released concurrently this week. We apologize if this was misleading, and we’ve corrected this information on the release notes page. Please feel free to give 11.1.1 a try in a non-critical sandbox to verify resolution. 

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

I can confirm that 11.1.1 fixed the bug for me, thanks!