Skuid Lightning: Can't close Template Popups (Custom & Standard)

I noticed that after update, you’re unable to close popups from Templates. Regular popups can close just fine; however, even including a button in the custom template popup with action ‘Close All Popups’ doesn’t close it.

Video below shows the behavior on two separate pages with both a custom & standard layout template. 

Sorry to hear this inconvenience.
What version of Skuid are you running?
Does it work if you remove the Rich text from the pop up? We’ve been having problems with that in some cases.

No worries still a ~month off from tentative launch. We’re running Skuid Version 11.0.1

Removed the rich text but it still wouldn’t let me close either popups. Worthy of note, within page is when it’s having issues but when generating a preview it works fine. I feel like that’s common across a many of the issues I’ve noticed.

Is your page being used as a page include? What is the difference in your org between being within the page and when you generate a preview?

The page is being used as a Skuid Component within a Lightning Detail Page. Below is a quick run through of how it’s embedded in page & difference between the two.

It looks like it has to do with Lightning. I’ll do some further research. Thank you for clarifying

No problem, let me know if you need any additional information

Hello folks! I’ve run into the same issue. Template popups from a field editor are non-responsive. In my example I’m launching from a Skuid Lightning Component on a Contact detail page. It’s a simple salutation, firstname, lastname template with popup.

What version of Skuid are you running on? I’m able to have this work on 11.1.10. Also, what syntax are you using? I’m using two brackets like {{Name}}

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I’m on 11.1.10 - I’ve created a new page with just the template popup and still having the issue - here’s my XML:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true">
    <models>
        <model id="NewModel" limit="1" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Contact">
            <fields>
                <field id="FirstName"/>
                <field id="Name"/>
                <field id="LastName"/>
                <field id="Salutation"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="param" value="id" field="Id" operator="=" enclosevalueinquotes="true"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" uniqueid="sk-Qfs-200" mode="read" model="NewModel">
            <columns>
                <column width="100%">
                    <sections>
                        <section title="Contact Details" collapsible="no">
                            <fields>
                                <field uniqueid="sk-Qfs-272" type="COMBO" editmodebehavior="autopopup">
                                    <label>Template Field</label>
                                    <template>{{FirstName}}{{LastName}}{{Salutation}}</template>
                                </field>
                            </fields>
                        </section>
                    </sections>
                </column>
            </columns>
        </basicfieldeditor>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css/>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-Qfs-286"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
</skuidpage>

Cheers!

Louis

Here’s a gif:

Any updates on this folks?

Thanks for providing the XML. I’ve been able to have that work on 11.1.13. Are your themes out of date? I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that is what is the problem here.

Hi Stephen, I’ve updated to 11.1.13 and updated the themes and I’m still having the issue. I’ve granted login access if you want to have a nose? (Org: 00D1r000001mD3h )

I logged in remotely to the Org you provided, made the page Test, selected a random ID, and found this functionality working in your org. What browser are you on? I’m running google chrome

I believe this issue is only apparent when the Skuid page is used within a lightning component. We have the same page in SF classic and closing the popup works fine but that same page through a lightning component does not. 

What are your steps to repro in your own org?

Hi Stephen, yes - as Erik says - this is where you use the standard Skuid Lightning Component. If you’re able to access a Contact in that org I provided access to, you’ll see that I’ve added your Test page and the template does not work. If you instead preview the page it works fine.

Yo! Any updates on this?

I no longer have access to your org. I’ll happily check again to see if I can replicate it. Before, I was never able to see what you were seeing.