Buttons to "Commit to VCS" and "Deploy from VCS"

So I’ve been grappling with the accessibility of Skuid pages being incorporated in source control by the typical Skuid developer. Which I believe is not someone typically familiar with how to use Skuid’s VCS tools.

There have been many discussions in this community about how to handle Skuid when it comes to VCS. Most notably for me is this post by Barry.
Custom Metadata - A better way to manage Skuid page/pageassignment/etc. migrations?

This would be the ultimate option as we wouldn’t have to make use of an additional step to take full advantage of VCS diff and commenting of a Skuid page.

Since Skuid must wait for Salesforce to make additional features available they can even begin migrating their solution to custom metadate, I propose the following:

Buttons to “Commit to VCS” and “Deploy from VCS” on /apex/skuid__PageList. 

As a Skuid developer I can easily be using these buttons in one of several cloud baser VCS tooldset such as Gearset. Gearset’s online only simplicity and great UX allows it to be highly accessible.

This would be an amazing SDLC I’d have if this were implemented. Completely online, robust and easy.