Any way of accessing the Napili Search parameter values in a Skuid component?

Yo!

I was wondering if a Skuid Lightning component in a Napili template could access the search parameters typed into the default Napili header? That way we could use a Skuid component very easily on the search results page.

Just toying around with different options and was interested in seeing if that might work without writing a custom Salesforce header or using a Skuid header.

Ta!

Louis

Louis,

I am not sure this applies, but Skuid can ‘talk’ to Lightning through publish/subscribe events.  As of Millau, these can be accessed through the Action Framework.  I could not find the documentation for this.  This presentation has some slides that reference what you can do.

https://www.skuid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MillauDeepDive.pdf

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill. Yes, it’d be swell if I could access via a published event. The search term in the url is in the format:

/napilidemo/s/search/All/Home/example%20search%20term

Which isn’t ideal.

I notice that Salesforce’s Search component uses {!searchString} as the parameter passed from the header search. What would be ideal is if we could somehow use {!searchString} as an Input in the Action Framework?

Updates!

I can definitely listen to an event published by an action in a custom Salesforce Lightning Community search header component (which is coooooool…). At the moment I can then redirect to a custom Lightning search results page and trigger actions in a Lightning Skuid component as a result of that search (launch a popup, for example). What I’m missing is being able to get at the search parameters! I can include these in my Lightning Action handler as per THIS. But what I can’t do is grab them and use them in the Skuid component to, for example, edit a condition on the Skuid component’s model.

I think that’s because of this issue:

https://community.skuid.com/t/publish-events-getting-a-value-passed-between-two-lightning…

Any idea from Skuid folk as to when there’ll be a fix?

Cheers!

Louis