Pagetitle components being retrieved with no editor

Within the last few weeks we’ve begun seeing an issue where pagetitle components retrieved do not include an ‘editor’. We use this to display messages to our users in a lot of different contexts/pages and this is effecting a large number of our pages. Most of these are in pageload snippets. If the snippet starts with

$(“.nx-page”).one(“pageload”, function(){
we get pagetitles found with no editor so we get ‘editor undefined’ in the js console. If it starts with

$(document.body).one(‘pageload’,function(){
we get the pagetitles the way they should be. I could easily say just switch all our functions to document.body ones, but I know you guys advise using the other method. Also not all of the functions we throw messages from are pageload functions and those are behaving like the .nx-page ones and giving us pagetitles that do not have editors…

If anyone has any insight into this, I’d really appreciate some help.

Still no takers? maybe I should have felt like a more popular cabbage

Sounds like a bug to me.

I’m wondering if there is just a timing issue there? Have you checked the pagetitle component in the console after the page is fully loaded? Just run skuid.$C(‘MyComponentId’).editor in the javascript console and see if that works?

If that’s the case, you could throw the call for the editor into a short timeout function, as a workaround until skuid gets this figured out.

I haven’t tried that yet, thanks. I’ll give that a shot and reply here soon. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: