custom component generate model in builder

Matt SonesMatt Sones ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
edited November 22, 2019 in Ideas
Is there a way that I can have a custom component that would add a model to the page's definition on the builder side?
2 votes

Under Consideration ยท Last Updated

Comments

• Matt SonesMatt Sones ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
    edited October 24, 2017
    And ideally, update that model's definition if the relevant properties of the component were changed?
  • Zach McElrathZach McElrath Principal Software Engineer Chattanooga, TN ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
    edited October 25, 2017
    There is not a supported method for doing this in your own custom component's code right now. I'll convert this to an Idea.
    edited August 17, 2019
    I have custom components that always need their own model, so the easiest way to make that happen is to have the component's code dynamically generate the model. It saves the time of creating the model every time in the builder.
    However, if any other components need to interact with the model, or if I want to add model actions or something, it becomes much more complicated.

I'm open to other solutions/ideas, but it seems like having the component automatically add and update a model on the builder side would be really nice.
  • Arne-Per HeurbergArne-Per Heurberg โœญโœญโœญโœญ
    edited August 17, 2019
    Any word on this? Ditto Matt that it would be super helpful
    edited February 18, 2020
    bump