Table search fields

Jason CJason C ✭✭✭
edited February 4, 2020 in Questions
I think I found a bug in the table properties for the Search. When I choose to add fields manually from my model all can see are reference fields. None of the other fields in my model are available for some reason. In addition to that I'm not even able to select any of the reference fields as they give a never ending drill down option. 


I tired with custom objects and standard ones. I've also tried creating new page with just a table and one model and still can't pick any fields.

I'm on Skuid version 10.0.9. I have a sandbox on version 9.5.3 and I get all model fields there.


  • Mark DeSimoneMark DeSimone 🛠️ 
    edited February 4, 2020
    Hi Jason,

    I've tested this out on the Account object, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue in my 10.0.9 org yet. Is there any chance the field permissions in your affected org are different from what's in your sandbox? 

    A few other follow-up questions:
    • When did this problem arise?
    • Is it only occurring in the table search properties?
    • What does the same search properties tab look like for a field editor?
    If you wouldn't mind sharing the XML for the new page you created while troubleshooting, that will give us some common ground to look at. 
  • Jason CJason C ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017
    Hi Mark,

    I'm a full admin and I don't believe there are any filed permissions at play. I'm not sure when the problem started as I don't really need to make changes to the search properties that often. As far as I can tell I think it's only affecting table search. I wasn't aware that there are search properties on a field editor component. There are search properties for a Deck and I have the same issue with that.

    Sample page below with the account object. 
    <skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true">
    <model id="account" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Account">
    <field id="Id"/>
    <field id="Name"/>
    <field id="Type"/>
    <field id="Industry"/>
    <field id="OwnerId"/>
    <field id="Owner.Name"/>
    <field id="ShippingAddress"/>
    <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="true" model="account" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-sw7yZ-143" emptysearchbehavior="query">
    <field id="Id" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2YwS-159"/>
    <field id="Name" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2YwV-160"/>
    <field id="Type" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2YwX-161"/>
    <field id="Industry" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2YwZ-162"/>
    <field id="OwnerId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2Ywb-163"/>
    <field id="ShippingAddress" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-t2Ywc-164"/>
    <action type="edit"/>
    <action type="delete"/>
    <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
    <action type="massupdate"/>
    <action type="massdelete"/>
    <view type="standard"/>
    <searchfields usesosl="false" soslfields="Name Fields">
    <searchfield return="false"/>
    <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>

  • Mark DeSimoneMark DeSimone 🛠️ 
    edited February 4, 2020
    Jason, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have been able to reproduce this issue, both by using your XML and in my own pages. Earlier I had said that I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, but that was because I had unintentionally been testing in an org that wasn't using 10.0.9. It appears that this issue is also affecting Brooklyn Update 1 (9.5.16). I will submit this as a product issue to our development team, and will update this conversation when the issue has been addressed.

    I did find a workaround worth trying, if you need one. Although the search field picker is only showing reference fields, adding the fields by editing your XML will work. For example, if you add these two entries , your table's search will target the Description and Name fields for any records that contain the search term. You can use the page builder in your 9.5.3 org to set up the search fields you want, and then copy and paste the XML from that page into your page on 10.0.9. Whenever you're editing XML, I'd recommend using caution and working on clones of your original pages, since it's easy to misplace your cursor, or copy/paste the wrong text.
    <searchfield return="false" field="Description" operator="contains"/>
    <searchfield return="false" field="Name" operator="contains"/>
  • Jason CJason C ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017
    Mark, I've gone ahead and edited the xml of the page to add the fields I needed. Please keep me updated once the fix is GA.
  • edited November 14, 2017
    The fix has been implemented and is now available in the 10.0.11 Brooklyn release, now available from the Skuid Releases page at

    As a reminder, Salesforce does not allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade. Thanks again for helping Skuid become an even better product!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!