Field Rendering

edited September 2019 in Questions
We need to make certain picklist values greyed out while visible upon selection of other criteria in a form. For instance if you select A you can see 1 2 3 4 5 but 3 4 are greyed out, If you select B then you can see 1 2 3 4 5 but 1,4,5 are greyed out 

Does anyone have a Java snippet that can do this? 

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Just thinking that before I'd tackle javascript, I'd try two conditionally-rendered UI-only picklist fields. Then again, I'm going off the top of my head on an unanswered question, and the ui-only approach may be more impossible than javascript.
  • edited September 2019
    Just thinking that before I'd tackle javascript, I'd try two conditionally-rendered UI-only picklist fields. Then again, I'm going off the top of my head on an unanswered question, and the ui-only approach may be more impossible than javascript.
  • edited October 2017
    Could you please elaborate? I would like to try what you are mentioning! 
  • edited December 2017
    Not knowing the component you're using for the form, if you can work with the HTML element, CSS might be the easy solution.  You can setup a UI only formula to set a value based on a condition and then reference the field in the style tag.  Here's an example we're using in a real-time dashboard for color coding cases that have come in within the past 5 minutes:

Formula field (Ticker_Color) logic:

IF({{Age__c}}<=0.002,"#49B4A6","#034D70")

HTML Tag:
    <div class="ticker" style="background-color:{{{Ticker_Color}}};">
    {{{Contact.Name}}}  (Age:{{Age__c}})
    </div>

This allows us to use a general look and feel for all records displayed and highlight the records of interest by overriding the color. 
  • edited September 2019
    Here is some javascript that will build the option list for a UI-Only picklist. It sets 2 items to disabled. Getting this method to work in a table may be a challenge. In a field editor, two conditionally-rendered ui-only fields might do the trick. On Save, you would copy the appropriate ui-only field to the database field. Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to flesh this out further, but the snippet method for populating a picklist may be the crux of the problem, as I didn't find the "disabled" option defined anywhere.
    var arr = [];
    //= [{value:1,label:1,disabled:true}, ...];
    arr.push({value:1,label:1});
    arr.push({value:2,label:2});
    arr.push({value:3,label:3,disabled:true});
    arr.push({value:4,label:4,disabled:true});
    arr.push({value:5,label:5});
    return arr;