Can I change this code for use with a custom object?

edited October 2017 in Questions
This code is for marking Tasks as complete. I don't know much JS. I want to replace the standard object Tasks with a custom object. I thought I would only have to change the Status, Complete and then make sure the model was correct. 

Any advice?
skuid.snippet.registerSnippet('tasks.markCompleted',function(params){     console.log('test');     // Mark all selected items as closed,     // then save our 2 Tasks models     var model = params.model,         list = params.list,         selectedItems = params.item ? [params.item] : list.getSelectedItems();     if (selectedItems.length === 1 && skuid.model.isNewId(selectedItems[0].row.Id)) {         alert('Please finish creating this Task before marking it as completed.');         return;     }     $j.each(selectedItems,function(i,item){         model.updateRow(item.row,'Status','Completed');     });     // Block the list from having updates     list.element.block({         css: list.blockUICSS, overlayCSS: list.blockOverlayCSS,         message:'Marking Tasks as Completed...'     });     var saveFinishes = model.save({callback:         function(){             var updateFinishes = skuid.model.updateData([model,skuid.model.getModel('TaskHistory')]);             $j.when(updateFinishes).then(                 function(){ list.element.unblock(); },                 function(){ list.element.unblock(); }             );         }     }); 
});

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Sara M,

This snippet is setup to mark selected tasks in a table completed.  If your goal is to mark selected rows (any object) as 'completed', I would recommend that you setup a Mass Action on the table.  You can use Skuid action steps to update any fields and save the changes for each record that was selected.

Thanks,

Bill