master model settings

As per my other master component settings post last week, I’d like to have the ability to maintain certain model options in a master model.

Think about the times you’ve had to create multiple models for the same object over and over on one or more pages. Then a change on the object that needs to be updated across all pages would then need to be updated in each of the models.

This happens to me all the time and it’s a real pain!

Combine this with my master component settings post and you can create fully fleshed out popups for New Tasks, Events, Contacts, Custom Objects, etc.

Pat,

I am not sure I follow what you are after, but can’t you add your New Task model to a Master page.  You can then access this model on any child page.  Your popups on any page can set conditions and create a row to support a new record entry popup.  If you need to tweak this model, change it on the master page.  You would still have to touch your child page if say you added a new condition that was off by default and you wanted to set the value on some pages but not others.

Thanks,

Bill

It’s more about having an ability to default and master the settings. Not so much about using one model on multiple pages.

Pat,

I think I got it now.  You really want to be able to create and manage a model in 1 place no matter where you use it.

Thanks,

Bill

Create and manage multiple models in 1 place no matter what, or using the master model as a template model for it’s default values. I’d like to be able to use some models based on a specified object in always in the same way.

Hey Pat, we’re reviewing the UX around model management, and we hope to bring some improvements around context and reusability in the near future.

^^^ bump ^^^
Thought of this again.