Display a Lock Icon on field editor ReadOnly fields

edited May 2018 in Questions
Standard salesforce detail pages display a lock for non-editable fields and a pencil for edittable fields. Skuid only displays the pencil icon for edittable fields.

How can I replicate standard SFDC functionality and get a lock on my readonly fields? 

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Great question.

This will require custom javascript. I don't know of a declarative method to do this.
  • edited August 2017
    Do you have a particular use case here? Typically we advise people to either not show the field entirely or make it to where it can't be edited on the page. 
  • edited August 2017
    Our use case is to replicate the behavior of standard SFDC. If a user is accustom to seeing a lock or pencil on a detail page while trying to in-line edit then they would expect to see the same on a skuid detail page. 

If we have hundreds or even thousands of users looking at a new skuid record detail, a small change like this can sound some pretty major alarms. I personally notice it every time I preview a page and I am the person building said page. 

Taking away the ability to inline edit takes away a tremendous amount of value so if someone has an example of this that would be great. If not, I will carry along :)
  • edited August 2017
    I see.

The good news is that we do have the action icon ui-silk-lock available within this theme. That will likely be needed to achieve this with custom javascript.