how to select multiple data from lookup field and store in a longtextarea in skuid,Is it possible on

I have lookup field which I have to make as  multi select parent and store in text area ,after store in text area then allow to save.Is it possible?If it is possible then how I can implement.

I’d create a pop-up with a table to select your desired parent records. Then you could use a row action & action framework to add the Name field value to your text field.

multiple data means suppose i want to select 2 contact object ids at a time and store in a long text area separated by semicolon.long text area will be a readonly field.

Hi Vicky, I think, you should write a java script through which you can add values by comma separated. Please let me know, if you need further help. Thanks

can you please let me know how I can implement in skuid,it means how can i design where we have to write java-script,how I can bring lookup field in pop up window.If you have any similar thing please pass to me.

Pretty certain this can be achieved using action framework in row actions. ie. set the field to be equal to {{LONGTEXTAREAAPINAME}}, {{DesiredTextFieldFromLookupRecord}}.

I’d also create add a button to “Restart/Clear” the text box in case of miss click.

Might be able to use the same action framework on a Mass Action. It would be a better user experience to able to select the desired lookup records until ready and then click “Submit” to populate the text area field.

You means that I need to create a table in that table I need to create action in that action I have your actions frame work, if I am wrong plz correct me, so can you plz define me in details.

Might be this will be helpfull:

1. Create an action on model (to which that lookup field correspond).

2. In initialization, Select event as Update of a row, then select that lookup field.

3.  in action, select run snippet action.

Write a java script as below:

var element = arguments[0],value = arguments[1],$ = skuid.$;

//Get model information
    var leadmodel = skuid.model.getModel(“Lead”);

//Fetch first row of model.
    var raw= leadmodel.getFirstRow();

// Get field value
    var Lookupfiled=raw.lookupfieldAPI;

for(var a=0;a<numberoflookupvalues;a++){

// set array of string with semi-colon separated

}

}

Thanks gopal  reply,can you please let me know where I have to “In initialization, Select event as Update of a row, then select that lookup field” either in model on field itself

@ Gopal, for implementing this which I need to select either table or field editor or any other components where I need to put event and action.

@Gopal,Sorry,I created above the steps in my model after that ,where I can bring the model either in table or table editor etc. how it will works?

@Gopal.For time being I am doing on table so upto now I am able to search multiple contacts but I am not able to select multiple Contacts and after selecting I am not be able to pass on Long text box.So Can you help me only those area.

To select  multiple values, you will need to render your lookup field as multipicklist and then create an action on your desired model.

How  I can change lookup field to multiselect lookup field because by using configuration I don’t think so but Is there any possibility  using Skuid to change lookupfield to multiselect lookup field  ?

Is there any way to call my visualforce page functionality in skuid?

Ok. If I understand your requested functionality, try this.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true"> <models> <model id="Contact" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Contact"> <fields> <field id="Description"/> </fields> <conditions> <condition type="param" value="id" operator="=" field="Id" enclosevalueinquotes="true" novaluebehavior="noquery"/> </conditions> <actions/> </model> <model id="Accounts" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Account"> <fields> <field id="Name"/> </fields> <conditions/> <actions/> </model> </models> <components> <pagetitle model="Contact" uniqueid="sk-3hheUf-127"> <maintitle> <template>{{Name}}</template> </maintitle> <subtitle> <template>{{Model.label}}</template> </subtitle> <actions> <action type="multi" label="Select Parent Accounts" uniqueid="sk-3hhfwQ-138"> <actions> <action type="showPopup"> <popup title="New Popup" width="90%"> <components> <grid uniqueid="sk-3hiaZj-317"> <divisions> <division behavior="flex" minwidth="100px" ratio="1"> <components> <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="false" model="Accounts" buttonposition="" mode="readonly" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-3hhphN-169" emptysearchbehavior="query"> <fields> <field id="Name" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-3hhsTC-185"/> </fields> <rowactions> <action type="multi" label="Add to Description" icon="sk-icon-arrow-right"> <actions> <action type="updateRow" fieldmodel="Contact" affectedrows="context" field="Description" enclosevalueinquotes="true" value="{{#$Model.Contact.data.0.Description}}{{$Model.Contact.data.0.Description}}, {{/$Model.Contact.data.0.Description}}{{Name}}"/> </actions> </action> </rowactions> <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"/> <views> <view type="standard"/> </views> <actions defaultlabel="Global Actions" defaulticon="sk-icon-magic" usefirstitemasdefault="true"/> <searchfields/> </skootable> </components> </division> <division behavior="flex" verticalalign="top" minwidth="100px" ratio="1"> <components> <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="false" showerrorsinline="true" model="Contact" buttonposition="" uniqueid="sk-3hh_9a-211" mode="readonly" layout="above"> <columns> <column width="100%"> <sections> <section title="Section A" collapsible="no" showheader="false"> <fields> <field uniqueid="sk-3hjSmI-433" type="COMBO" valuehalign="" editmodebehavior="autopopup"> <label>Description</label> <template>{{{Description}}}</template> </field> </fields> </section> </sections> </column> </columns> </basicfieldeditor> </components> </division> </divisions> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/> </styles> </grid> </components> </popup> </action> </actions> </action> </actions> </pagetitle> <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" model="Contact" buttonposition="" uniqueid="sk-3hhabc-110" mode="read"> <columns> <column width="100%"> <sections> <section title="Section A" collapsible="no"> <fields> <field uniqueid="sk-3hhcce-124" id="Description" valuehalign="" type="" readonly="true"/> </fields> </section> </sections> </column> </columns> </basicfieldeditor> </components> <resources> <labels/> <javascript/> <css/> </resources> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/> </styles> </skuidpage>

@mB Pat Vachon, Thanks for reply,It worked but one thing ,How we can collect parent record comma seperated in one text box(sfdc fied).Is it possible?

@mB Pat Vachon, Thanks for reply,It’s working fine,only one point I am getting stuck that can we make selected parent record to hyper link after saving and populated in description.

How can I make selected record as hyperlink.

Well, that’s entirely different question. Seems like you’d like to have multiple Parent records associated to one Child record.

Well, I can’t imagine how you have your objects setup, I would suggest using a Junction object at this point.