Chatter Feed Component on a Pop up

I have a table on my page, I am trying to add row action that will open Chatter Feed for the selected record. I have created a new model with only one record. When a user clicks this row action I am passing the ID of the selected row to my second model’s condition and query the model and then open a popup with Chatter Feed Component with “Feed for the Model’s first row” Selected. I know there is a row in this table but I am getting the message “No object found” Does anyone knows what I am missing?

Andrew,

I am seeing the same thing. I am using Skuid 10.0.3. I tried to add a Chatter Feed component using a popup and drawer. I do not see any message and the Chatter Feed component does not render. When I include the component on the page (i.e. detail page), the Chatter Feed does work.

Would you reply back with the version of Skuid you have installed.

Skuid,

Here is the page that I created that demonstrates this problem. Please let us know if you can replicate this problem.

Thanks,

Bill

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" useviewportmeta="true" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" tabtooverride="Contact"> <models> <model id="Contact" limit="100" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Contact" type=""> <fields> <field id="FirstName"/> <field id="LastName"/> <field id="CreatedDate"/> <field id="Events" type="childRelationship" limit="1" orderby="ActivityDate DESC"> <conditions/> <fields> <field id="ActivityDate"/> <field id="Subject"/> </fields> </field> <field id="Email"/> <field id="MultiPicklist__c"/> <field id="Id"/> </fields> <conditions> <condition type="fieldvalue" value="" enclosevalueinquotes="true" field="MultiPicklist__c" operator="includes" state="filterableoff" inactive="true" name="MultiPicklist__cIncludes"/> </conditions> <actions/> </model> <model id="SelectedContactFeed" limit="1" query="false" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="ContactFeed"> <fields> <field id="Body"/> <field id="CommentCount"/> <field id="Type"/> <field id="ParentId"/> <field id="Parent&#46;Name"/> <field id="RelatedRecordId"/> <field id="Title"/> <field id="Visibility"/> </fields> <conditions> <condition type="fieldvalue" value="" enclosevalueinquotes="true" field="ParentId" fieldtargetobjects="Contact" state="filterableoff" inactive="true" name="ParentId"/> </conditions> <actions/> </model> </models> <components> <pagetitle model="Contact" uniqueid="sk-1g0EN0-95"> <maintitle> <template>{{Model&#46;labelPlural}}</template> </maintitle> <subtitle> <template>Home</template> </subtitle> <actions> <action type="savecancel" uniqueid="sk-3lCfH-81"/> </actions> </pagetitle> <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" createrecords="true" model="Contact" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" uniqueid="sk-1g0EN0-96" emptysearchbehavior="query"> <fields> <field id="FirstName" hideable="true" allowordering="true" uniqueid="fi-1g0DEX-241"/> <field id="LastName" hideable="true" allowordering="true" uniqueid="fi-1g0DEX-242"/> <field id="MultiPicklist__c" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-3lFVY-119" selectedlist="3" valuehalign="" type=""/> <field id="Email" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-3JJTHG-116" valuehalign="" type=""/> <field id="CreatedDate" hideable="true" allowordering="true" uniqueid="fi-1g0DEX-243" valuehalign="" type=""/> <field id="Events" type="CHILDREL" limit="100" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1g0Z8K-146" valuehalign=""> <label>Next Event</label> <template>{{Subject}} - {{ActivityDate}}</template> </field> </fields> <rowactions> <action type="edit"/> <action type="delete"/> <action type="multi" label="Show Chatter Details in Popup" icon="sk-icon-popup"> <actions> <action type="setCondition" model="SelectedContactFeed" condition="ParentId" value="{{Id}}"/> <action type="requeryModel" model="SelectedContactFeed" behavior="standard"/> <action type="showPopup"> <popup width="80%" title="Viewing {{Model&#46;label}}: {{Name}}"> <components> <social model="SelectedContactFeed" uniqueid="sk-2H6i_F-259" feedtype="" showtopics="false" showfollowers="false"/> </components> <afterclose/> </popup> </action> </actions> </action> <action type="multi" label="Show Chatter Feed in Drawer" icon="fa-file-text-o" openicon="fa-arrow-up"> <actions> <action type="setCondition" model="SelectedContactFeed" condition="ParentId" value="{{Id}}"/> <action type="requeryModel" model="SelectedContactFeed" behavior="standard"/> <action type="drawer" openicon="fa-arrow-up"> <drawer title="Drawer Area" width="90%" closehandle="true"> <components> <social model="SelectedContactFeed" uniqueid="sk-2H8Ah6-343" feedtype="" showtopics="true"/> </components> </drawer> </action> </actions> </action> </rowactions> <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"> <action type="massupdate"/> <action type="massdelete"/> </massactions> <views> <view type="standard"/> </views> <searchfields usesosl="true" soslfields="All Fields"/> <filters> <filter type="multiselect" filteroffoptionlabel="Any Multipicklist" createfilteroffoption="true" affectcookies="true" autocompthreshold="25" conditionsource="manual" labelmode="no" condition="MultiPicklist__cIncludes"> <sources> <source type="manual" effectsbehavior="justdefault"> <options> <option label="Test1" type="simple" value="Test1"/> <option label="Test2" type="simple" value="Test2"/> </options> </source> </sources> </filter> </filters> </skootable> </components> <resources> <labels/> <css/> <javascript/> </resources> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/> </styles> </skuidpage> 

Bill, I am on version 9.5.2 I am having the same result as you an error message No object found. Thanks

Hi Andrew/Bill -

If I’m understanding your scenarios correctly, unfortunately, it won’t behave the way you want it to. It’s been quite a while since I used the Chatter component but unless things have changed, the Chatter component MUST be loaded during initial page load.  Deferring the chatter component to a popup won’t result in the chatter component working as you’d expect it to.

Check out this post where I detail the reasons why and a workaround - https://community.skuid.com/t/why-doesnt-the-chatter-feed-refresh-when-the-model-reloads?..

Hope this helps!

Barry,

Thanks for the reminder on this! I was thinking that what I was seeing had already been documented.  I just could not recall the specifics.

Best,

Bill

Hi Bill -

Yep, this scenario comes up every now and then.  I just checked the official Chatter docs and the limitations & usage are still not documented.  Only place to find this information currently is within the community.  The official doc does at least indicate you can only have one chatter component on a page.

Skuid Team - About 5 months ago I requested docs be updated regarding Chatter, it’s limitations and usage. Can you confirm that request is in the queue to be completed?