Does a Branch on a Mass-Action run for each row?

Sam BeckerSam Becker ✭✭
edited June 15, 2020 in Ideas
We are trying to create a branch that acts as a validation to make sure each row selected has the same lookup Id as all the other selected rows for a given field. In our example this is a lookup to a custom "Part" field.

However, we are getting mixed results when using a branch to compare the row to the top row, using global merge syntax. 

Do Branches on Mass-Action buttons run on each row?

2 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal ✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018
    Sam,

It doesn't look like they do. I also couldn't get the branch action to work correctly in a mass action. I've notified our developers of this issue and we'll let you know when this is fixed in a future release.

Thanks!
  • Sam BeckerSam Becker ✭✭
    edited July 23, 2019
    Thank you!
  • Arne-Per HeurbergArne-Per Heurberg ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2019
    any fix to this?
  • edited March 3, 2019
    Hi Arne-Per,

It looks like this is still with our developers. I have highlighted this as a need with the team again, and will keep you updated when this is released.

Thanks,

Josh
  • Arne-Per HeurbergArne-Per Heurberg ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018
    Thanks Josh. For current need wrote JS solution but am excited to have the functionality as part of action framework so I delegate upcoming uses (there are many). Thanks for all that you guys did. Cheers!
  • JD BellJD Bell ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018
    Mass Actions run once with all rows in context, rather than running multiple times with one row in context. Unfortunately, this means that when evaluating a condition, such as in a branch, Skuid works with only the first row in context.

We are investigating some exciting alternatives, but the desired behavior is not supported in the current release.

As a work around, you could use a JavaScript snippet to call an Action Sequence multiple times, passing in a different row with each invocation.