Skuid Rollup summaries with UI-only formula fields

I have to give Pat Vachon (mBlazonry) a lot of credit for coming up with this awesome and stupidly easy-to-implement idea!

By adding a UI-only formula field to a parent model and using the syntax below in the UI formula builder…you can calculate and display rollup summaries.

{{CustomObject__r.totalSize}}

Notes:

• Just be sure to add the child relationship to your model within the model’s fields section.

• No Master-Detail relationship needed (lookups relationships are fine)

• No third-party app needed like DLRS (declarative rollup summaries) or Rollup Helper

• Usable directly in a basic model on field editors, tables, templates, page titles…no need to build a separate aggregate model

• Granted…this is a UI-only field, so the summary isn’t saved to the object, but you could easily solve that with an action sequence that would 1) update a SF field with the UI-only value and 2) save down the value

• Super quick and easy to implement

of Goals in Progress is a UI-Only Formula Field in a

table with drawers that open up to display the specific goals

Thanks for the kudos Conlan. :slight_smile:

Just be sure to the child relationship name and the not the object name.

Nice!

Also, this is only a count of records, but you can also filter them using the condition.

Additionally, using “Fields to Order Records By” and “Max # of Records (Limit)” set to 1, then one can also achieve Min or Max on Dates and Numbers. 

{{{{Transaction_Line_Items__r.records.0.FIELDCHOICEHERE}}

How do we Sum a particular field with filter condition. I have an object with an amount field and I need roll up summary - sum of Amount field based on a picklist value.

Premanuj,

You can use an aggregate model to get the sum of Amount by the picklist value.  Then add a Model UI Only field to the model where you want the sum to appear.  Setup this UI Only field as a Formula field and use the Model Lookup feature to find the matching sum for the picklist value.

Thanks,

Bill

Trying to use Pat’s super cool min Date rollup method on the Tasks Child relationship. Any idea why this isn’t working as the formula?
{{Tasks__r.records.0.ActivityDate}}

I figured it out. I had Tasks__r.  The relationship name is clearly Task with no __r.  Once I dropped the __r, it worked like a charm. Thanks Pat and everyone who contributed.