toggle field on and off for collapsible wrapper

I have used:

{{#IsNLFanOpen}}Newsletter and Fan Alumni (Open){{/IsNLFanOpen}}{{^IsNLFanOpen}}Newsletter and Fan Alumni (Collapse){{/IsNLFanOpen}}

to condition a collapse wrapper header in a page include and it works great.

However when I try to do the same in the collapsible wrapper that is not in a page include. The header always reads “Collapse” and it does not matter if I set the default value to on or off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B409lhd9sYDcRFNXM0ZfbzVnU0k/view

Hi Bill. I’ve just tried adding a UI-only checkbox field to a page of mine, and found that the Default Value won’t be set to False unless you check, then uncheck the box. It’s not straightforward behavior, but this may be why the render condition isn’t seeing that initial unchecked/false value. It’s the difference between a False value and a [null] value. If you could try checking and unchecking the box under the field’s Default value settings, let us know if that clears up the issue.

In a collapsible wrapper I tried to toggle OFF “Before first open” and then ON “After First Open” but still no results.  I also tried reversing the ON and OFF with no results.

was there a resolution to this?

Arne-Per, are you running into the same issue, or something similar? If so can you describe what’s happening?

Bill, it’s been a while on this post, but are you still running into this issue?

Hi Mark, I realize it has been a while. I was attempting to use Toggle for wrapper holding queue (and/or responsive grid) since panel had been deprecated. I have tried using UI-only checkbox but default only works for new row.

so button activating the toggle will work on third click but not first.
Thanks Mark!

If you’re using a checkbox to track whether the component should show or hide, an important detail is that those checkbox fields will default to have no value (neither true nor false). But you can go into the field’s settings and set a default value of false by clicking the checkbox then unchecking it again. It looks the same but is now to false instead of blank or unset. 

thanks mark. learned that the interesting way, lol. it still doesn’t help the actual toggle function.

I see. So you’ve got a button that’s using the Toggle Component action? Or is the button just checking/unchecking the UI-only checkbox?

button is using Toggle Component. I just needed the UI only field to hide on first load (as there is no  Actions on PageLoad…yet :wink: )

sorry, i am slow. just realized I can set !=blank. for first load. It still doesn’t fix the toggle grid in the wrapper once it is rendered the first time.

Arne-Per, thanks for closing the loop and keeping this going. Do you mind restating the part of this that’s still unresolved so we can better understand the scenario?

hey Mark. I think what was happening is that even though not rendered because the wrapper wasn’t the toggle was working with the component as on to start. I ended up using two UI only checkboxes. Would be nice if we could have a don’t render component on load.

Thanks for the help!!!

Thanks for letting us know how you were able to resolve this. I agree that having more ways to specify a component’s initial state would be very nice. You’re more than welcome to share this as an “Idea” on the community, by the way.