Email-Dual Entry

We are trying to ensure that a user doesn’t mis-key an email address by asking for it twice. Perfect scenario would result in the first field being masked upon tabbing out of the field  (****) so it could not be copied and pasted into the second field.  It would then render an image that would default to an X if it was incorrect and then display a Check Mark Image when it was matched.   

• Best Practice:Should this be done by using the standard field and UI-Only field, or two fields on the Contact record.  
  • Is there a way that we can perform the check while the data is being entered, before it is saved into the record.
  • I see a field Renderer has option as password.  I do not see this on all fields, is there a reason why.  Can you tell me a little more on this topic.  
  • Difference between using Image Component and 
Brand new to skuid definitely a click not code girl  :)   Dont feel like you need to answer all questions.  Trying to put some of the pieces together to further learn.  Any point to documentation or resources is always great.  

This doesn’t fix every problem you’ve described, but it is a first attempt and a starting point.

You could try something like this. It won’t prevent copying and pasting, but it will show the user if the two before it are the same. The far left column is a name. The next two are UI Only fields. The final UI Only Field has a formula on it:
IF({{Name}}=={{Name2}},“These are the same”,“ERROR ALERT OH NO ALARM WEEWOOWEEWOO BAD YIKES”)

The XML is below.

IF({{Name}}=={{Name2}},“These are the same”,“ERROR ALERT OH NO ALARM WEEWOOWEEWOO BAD YIKES”)

uytgiuyg