Has anyone found a solution to re-order row icons

Hey there - I’m looking for a way to just re-order the row icons to mimic what the editor shows. you’ll see in my picture that I’ve tried to drag/drop the row actions in the order that I want them to appear for my user, however, the user experience doesn’t change. Does anyone have a none-theme or code (CSS/Javascript) solution besides starting the row action builds over in the order I want them?

Hi Ryan,

If you’re working with Skuid Brooklyn, you should be able to reorder row actions by editing the XML and swapping the order of the relevant lines for eachrow action.

For example, this:

<rowactions>
                <action type="edit"/>
                <action type="delete"/>
                <action type="multi" label="Run multiple actions" icon="sk-icon-magic">
                    <actions>
                        <action type="updateRow" fieldmodel="Acc" affectedrows="context"/>
                    </actions>
                </action>
            </rowactions>

could become this:

<rowactions>
                <action type="multi" label="Run multiple actions" icon="sk-icon-magic">
                    <actions>
                        <action type="updateRow" fieldmodel="Acc" affectedrows="context"/>
                    </actions>
                </action>
                <action type="edit"/>
                <action type="delete"/>
            </rowactions>

Hi Ryan -

The issues you are experiencing are known and acknowledged by Skuid.  For more information, see https://community.skuid.com/t/table-row-action-changes-not-detected-as-a-change-in-builde… which is a newer post that originally started with https://community.skuid.com/t/table-row-action-order-not-respected?utm_source=notificatio….

As you can see from the posts, the issue has existed for quite some time (improved a couple of months ago).  Vote up the most recent issue if you’d like to see it addressed :slight_smile:  In the meantime, Mark’s recommendation to edit the XML directly will work.

Thanks guys, very helpful. I’ll be voting :slight_smile: You both rock!

Hello Skuid Community ~

This is now fixed in the new Brooklyn (10.0.9) and Brooklyn (9.5.16) release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.