Dependent Picklists not working in 9.5

Adam JohnsonAdam Johnson Member
edited February 4 in Problems
We upgraded to 9.5 today and noticed afterwards that our Dependent Picklists are no longer working on Skuid pages. I have 9.3.4 in a sandbox and the page is still working correctly there. 

Any changes that could have caused this? Any suggestions? 

Comments

• Mark DeSimoneMark DeSimone Skuid Mod 🛠️ 
    edited February 4

Hi Adam,

We have been able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and have notified the developers of this issue. We will update this post when a future release addressing this bug is available. Thanks for alerting us of this bug and helping make Skuid better!

Mark

• Tyler NealTyler Neal Member
    edited February 2017
    Hoping for a quick fix, cannot update because dependent picklists are essential to our org.
  • Mark DeSimoneMark DeSimone Skuid Mod 🛠️ 
    edited February 4
    Adam and Tyler,

Our team has created the following workaround for this issue. The fix will also be rolled into an upcoming Skuid update. In the meantime, please give this a try and let us know what you find.

This overrides the Skuid Field constructor to address SKUID-3027. It is a workaround targetedat Skuid Brooklyn Update 1 (9.5), and it is not intended to be used with any other version of Skuid. It is provided as is, without support, and should be removed once a version of Skuid containing a fix has been installed.

To implement this workaround, add this code to a Static Resource and include that resourceas a JavaScript Resource on any page affected. 
    /** * This overrides the Skuid Field constructor to address SKUID-3027. It is a workaround targeted
     * at Skuid Brooklyn Update 1 (9.5), and it is not intended to be used with any other 
     * version of Skuid. It is provided as is, without support, and should be removed once a version 
     * of Skuid containing a fix has been installed.
     * To implement this workaround, add this code to a Static Resource and include that resource
     * as a JavaScript Resource on any page affected.
    **/
    (function(skuid){
    var s=skuid.$,v=skuid.utils,A='DATETIME';
    function g(a,b,c,d){var e,f,g=this;if(g._GUID=v.generateGUID(),g.row=a,g.model=b,g.editor=c,g.options=d||{},g.subComponents=[],g.id=d.fieldId,g.name=d.fieldName,g.context=d.fieldContext,g.messages=[],g.id&&(g.metadata=g.model.getField(g.name?g.name:g.id,g.context)),e=g.metadata,g.options.labelText?g.label=g.options.labelText:g.options.label?g.label=g.options.label:e&&(g.label=e.label),g.options.required||e&&e.required?g.required=!0:g.required=!1,g.mode=d.mode||"read",g.element=s("<div>").addClass("nx-field").attr("data-uid",g._GUID),d.additionalClass&&g.element.addClass(d.additionalClass),g.element.data("object",g),g.editable=(!e||b.isRowNew(a)&&e.createable||e.editable)&&g.options.editable!==!1&&"readonly"!==g.mode,g.loading=d.loading,g.options.register&&g.model.registerField(g),f=d.controllingFields,e&&s.inArray(e.displaytype,["PICKLIST","MULTIPICKLIST","COMBOBOX"])!==-1){var h=e.controllingField,i=g.model.getField("RecordTypeId");f||(d.controllingFields=f=[]),i&&f.push(i.id),h&&f.push(h)}f&&f.length&&s.each(f,function(){var a=this;a.indexOf(".")!==-1&&(a=a.split(".")[0]),g.model.registerField(g,a)}),e&&e.displaytype===A&&g.subscribeToEvent("ui.timeZoneChanged",function(){g.render()})};s.extend(g.prototype,skuid.ui.Field.prototype);skuid.ui.Field = g;
    })(skuid);
  • Adam JohnsonAdam Johnson Member
    edited March 2017
    This worked perfectly! Thanks to you and the team for jumping on this so quickly!
  • Kaede HollandKaede Holland Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I must not be doing something right. Should the static resource be a txt file? I added it to my page and the dependent picklist is still not working :(
  • Adam JohnsonAdam Johnson Member
    edited February 2017
    I saved the code from Mark in notepad as a txt file, including his commented out notes, and uploaded it as a Static Resource in Salesforce (it will work as a public or private file).

I then created a Javascript item on the Skuid page set to Static Resource and chose the txt file from the static resource lookup.

Are you on Skuid version 9.5?
  • Rupali GRupali G Member
    edited February 2017
    Worked like a charm! Thank you for providing a quick fix. 
  • Stephen SellsStephen Sells Member
    edited February 2017

Hi Skuid Community~

Thank you for your patience as we addressed this bug. This issue has been resolved in the
    Brooklyn Update 1 - Iteration 1 which is now available from the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!