Challenges with Installing/Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce Spring 17 Orgs

Please be advised of an issue regarding challenges with installing or upgrading any version of Skuid running on top of the Salesforce Spring 17 release. At this point, only Sandboxes and Preview Orgs are running Spring 17.

What does this mean for my organization?

• If your org is NOT on Spring 17, you are not affected and can install or upgrade your Skuid version without any problems.
  • If your org IS on Spring 17:
  1. Already have Skuid installed? You are good to go and can keep working with your Skuid pages without issue. You will receive an error message only if you try to upgrade your Skuid version.
  2. Do not have Skuid installed? Unfortunately, you will receive an error message and you will not be able to install Skuid for the time being.
    A critical case has been opened with Salesforce regarding this issue and they expect to have it resolved soon. We will update the community once the root cause is identified and fixed and when Skuid can be installed or upgraded in Spring 17 orgs.

Where do I find what version I am running?

1. Check https://status.salesforce.com/status and click on your instance to see which version of Salesforce your instance is running.
  2. Log in to your org and look at the logo in the upper left hand corner.
  • If you see a snowman, you are still on Winter 17.
  • If you see a rainbow, you are on Spring 17.

Quick Update:
According to Salesforce, their R&D has identified a list of plausible changes that may have caused this issue. They are continuing to investigate in order to find a patch that fixes the issue. We will update you as things progress.

Quick Clarification on what this means if your org is on Spring 17:

• Already have Skuid installed? You are good to go and can keep working with your Skuid pages without issue. The problem will only affect if you try to upgrade your Skuid version. 
  • Do not have Skuid installed? Unfortunately, you will not be able to install Skuid for the time being. 
Thank you for your patience as we work towards getting this issue resolved! 
Karen

Any update on this yet? Thanks.

Hi Skuid Community~

The Workaround
Salesforce provided a workaround for Skuid to test last night. Since then, our developers have been hard at work implementing that workaround and testing it out. Unfortunately, the workaround can only be applied to one Skuid version at a time.

Where We Are At

• We are currently verifying whether or not the workaround works with Brooklyn Iteration 3. As soon as it is available to be installed, we will notify the community.
  • Skuid is continuing to engage Salesforce’s R&D department to address the root cause of the problem.
Thanks again for your patience as we continue to work for complete resolution of this issue!

Hi Karen,

Could you provide insight on the change that occurred and caused issues?

Hi Skuid community!

Exciting news! Utilizing the workaround provided by Salesforce, Skuid developers now have Brooklyn Iteration 3 ready for everyone to download from the Skuid Releases page. As always, Skuid recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment.

What does this mean for your organization?
If your org is on Winter '17:

• Not using Skuid yet? You can install any version of Skuid. 
  • Already using Skuid? 
  1. You can continue to use the Skuid version you are on without problem.
  2. You can upgrade to any version of Skuid after the one you are currently on.
If your org is on Spring '17:
  • Not using Skuid yet? You are only able to install Brooklyn Iteration 3. 
  • Already using Skuid? 
  1. You can continue to use the Skuid version you are on without problem.
  2. Looking to upgrade? Regardless of what Skuid version you are currently on (Superbank, Banzai, Rockaway, Brooklyn), you will only be able to upgrade to Brooklyn Iteration 3.  
To see what version your org is on, see the Where do I find what version I am running? section in the original post above.

What else is being done?
The root issue causing the problems with installing Skuid on orgs with Spring '17 is still under investigation and we will inform you as soon as the permanent solution is available. 

We will continue to keep you updated as to where things are at with our Salesforce case. We hope to be able to update the community soon about a patch from Salesforce that addresses the root problem.

Thanks!
Karen 

Is there any update? I’m eager to update my ORG

Is there any update? I’m eager to update my ORG

Hi Community~

There were changes in the back end architecture of the Salesforce Spring '17 release that prohibited installing certain versions of Skuid. Unfortunately​,​ the patch that Salesforce released to address the root cause of this issue ​did not successful​ly address the issue​.

What does that mean for installing Skuid since all orgs are now on Spring ‘17? 
The workaround that Salesforce provided can only be applied to one Skuid version at a time​ and it cannot be applied to all released versions of Skuid​. To minimize confusion, all versions and their accompanying release notes will be viewable from the Skuid releases page, but only versions to which the workaround has been applied will have install links.

• Running Rockaway? We know that many of you are still using Rockaway so we have applied the workaround to the latest version of Rockaway: Rockaway ​Iteration 14. 
  • Running Brooklyn? You can upgrade to ​any version of ​Brooklyn ​beginning with Iteration 3. 
​Need to update a sandbox? Sandbox refreshes do not appear to be affected by the issue. Sandboxes created/refreshed will inherit the version of Skuid installed in your Production org. ​​Use​ the instructions in​ this tutorial ​​to ​migrate your Skuid pages from your development sandbox into ​any new​ly created/refreshed​ sandbox.  We will keep you informed of any other changes or additions to this topic.

Finally, as always, Skuid recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Karen