Models not visible in page builder

edited July 18, 2018 in Questions
I have a page that was created in April, last edited in August.  I opened it up to review the REST model configuration to help with a new project.  However, the configuration appears to be broken. I cannot view any models, javascript, or css.  The "add" button for each of those is missing as well. When I "View/Edit XML" I can see the structure of the page (not as helpful as a reference for my new REST configuration).  Thankfully the page is functioning properly.

Currently using v8.15.15

Screenshot of where models should be:
image

Comments

  • edited July 18, 2018
    Hi Jared--That looks quite bizzare. When you clone a page or go to page builder mode for a different page does the "add" button reappear?
  • edited November 30, 2016
    Hi Karl - glad you agree.  This is the only page that has this problem.  Every other page I've checked is exhibiting normal behavior in page builder mode.

    I tried cloning the page, but it still looks the same:image
  • Matt SonesMatt Sones 💎💎💎
    edited July 18, 2018
    Jared,

    Not sure how comfortable you are with XML, but I'd take a look at the <models> section of the page's XML and see if you notice anything unusual.
  • edited December 1, 2016
    Thanks, Matt.  I don't see anything unusual in the xml.  I compared it side by side with another page, and on that basis, made a couple of changes (e.g. changing the model property adaptor="" to adaptor="salesforce").  It saved without any xml warnings.

    It's not just the models,  I can't view javascript snippets or css configs in page builder either.

    It's not a huge problem at the moment, but I'm not happy looking forward to when new functionality needs to be added to this page.
  • Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal ✭✭
    edited July 18, 2018
    Jared,

    Can you try commenting out all of the models on that page in the XML using <!-- and --> and then check the snippets and css resources to see if they've reappeared? I've seen this problem before and it was caused by an error in a model (I think in that instance the problem was an incorrect endpoint for a model using an external data source).

    Thanks!
    Amy
  • edited December 3, 2016
    Hi Amy,

    I commented out just the external data model, and everything showed up.  I've rebuilt the model, and it's working again.  The endpoint is the same as before, and as I mentioned, the page was always functioning correctly.

    Here's the before (commented out) and after for the REST data model (strange that the fields aren't populating in the new one, but the page is working correctly):
    <!--<model id="airportcodes" limit="20" query="false" createrowifnonefound="false" adapter="REST" processonclient="true" service="airportcodes" type="" verb="GET" endpoint="airportcodes.php?term={{Destination}}">
            <fields>
                <field id="municipality" label="Municipality" ispolymorphic="false" isnamepointing="false" displaytype="STRING" accessible="true" filterable="true"/>
                <field id="iata_code" label="Iata_code" ispolymorphic="false" isnamepointing="false" displaytype="STRING" accessible="true" filterable="true"/>
                <field id="iso_country" label="Iso_country" ispolymorphic="false" isnamepointing="false" displaytype="STRING" accessible="true" filterable="true"/>
                <field id="name" label="Name" ispolymorphic="false" isnamepointing="false" displaytype="STRING" accessible="true" filterable="true"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="modelmerge" value="" sourcetype="param" sourceparam="Destination" operator="=" model="Trip" enclosevalueinquotes="true" mergefield="Destination" novaluebehavior="deactivate" state="filterableoff" inactive="true" name="Destination"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
    </model>
    -->
    <model id="airportcodes" query="false" createrowifnonefound="false" adapter="REST" service="airportcodes" processonclient="true" type="" verb="GET" endpoint="airportcodes.php?term={{Destination}}">
            <fields/>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="modelmerge" value="" sourcetype="param" sourceparam="Destination" operator="=" model="Trip" enclosevalueinquotes="true" mergefield="Destination" novaluebehavior="deactivate" state="filterableoff" inactive="true" name="Destination"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
    </model>
    Thanks for the help!
  • Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal ✭✭
    edited December 16, 2016
    Jared,

    I'm not sure what was wrong with it, but I'm glad you got it figured out! 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!