Intermittent JS error in popup

Hi team,

This is not a show stopper, but I wanted to report it regardless. On our account page, when clicking into a specific popup, intermittently the field in the popup will not display and a JS error appears in the console. Usually refresh the page will fix the problem.

I’ve attached a screenshot. The arrow show where the field (an account look field) should appear. The JS error is highlighted in on the right in the console panel.

Just let me know if any further details would be useful to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks!

Kathryn,

Thanks for letting us know! Is the pop-up for a specific Account? Do you have javascript resources on that page? If so, do they interact with model data? It looks like there might be something in your data that is causing the error. For example, if you have a javascript snippet that looks at model data and expects a field to be an integer and the field is blank/not yet defined, it could cause errors. 

Thanks!
Amy

Hey Amy,

There are Javascript resources on the page which interact with model data, however none that interact with the popup in any way. It’s just a simple out-of-the-box popup with a field editor containing a single field inside it. Nothing non-standard, so I can’t think what could cause this.

Another thing that’s worth mentioning: the error is intermittent across users/machines. So, while my colleague could reproduce the error, I cannot.

Any ideas for what I could investigate?

Thanks! 

Kathryn,

Visualforce Remoting exceptions have to do with issues created when retrieving/querying data. Even though the snippet interacts with model data and not the popup, the popup could be pulling model data that was changed by the snippet. The problem could be intermittent if some of the model data is pulled based off owner. You can examine the model queries in the Chrome console to check what data is getting queried (and see if any of the data is pulled based off owner). To access the Chrome console right-click on the page and select “Inspect.” You can then use skuid.model.map() in the console to bring up a list of models. You can then drill into each model and look under its soql property (under the service property) to see the query for the data. If you’d like you can also post your snippet, and it will give me a better idea of where the problem might lie.

Thanks!
Amy