Sort Table with Drag and Drop

2»

Comments

• edited March 5, 2018
    Hey everyone - This is fantastic!  I am s javascript rookie, so could use a little help.  I implemented this for a multi-tab table, and when dragging a line, my mouse arrow is a significant distance away from the actual row in motion.  Any suggestions on how to improve the "tightness" of the arrow to the moving row to improve user experience? Thanks!
  • Craig RosenbaumCraig Rosenbaum ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019
    Anne, could you post the code that you're using? I believe there are a couple versions in this thread. I had a similar issue when I first implemented it and needed to adjust the helper styling with some CSS to bring it closer. 
  • edited March 5, 2018
    I copied and pasted the exact version from Matt's original post.  Another wrinkle - I just installed Millau (11.0.6) release and now I get an error:   There was a problem rendering a component of type skuidpage: Cannot read property 'sortable' of undefined
  • Chad GillChad Gill ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018
    so painfully in the dark on this one but it is what i really want to implement.  Is there a walk thru on where/how implement?  Are you applying this snippet to a row action or what?
  • Mark LMark L ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020
    Thank you for this code! I discovered a bug in the implementation. On re-rendering the table the elements move out of order (say you add a new row to the table and the table re-renders to display the new row). To keep the elements in order on re-render, you actually need to sort the model.data array. I've added that sort with a line of code to the original example. Here's the updated code:

var listContents = component && component.element.find('.nx-list-contents');  listContents.sortable({
       placeholder: "ui-state-highlight",
       stop: function( event, ui ) {
       var data = ui.item.data('object'),
       model = data.list.model,
       movedRow = data.row,
       target = $(event.target);

target.children().each(function(index,tr){
       var row =  $(tr).data('object').row,
       order = row.Order__c;
      if (index !== order) {
      model.updateRow(row,'Order__c',index,{initiatorId:component._GUID});
      }
       });
       //Make sure model data is properly sorted
       model.data.sort((a, b) => (a.Order__c > b.Order__c) ? 1 : -1);
       }
    });

Question: Has anyone tried getting drag-and-drop to work between models? For instance my use case would be I have a Queue and a Table and I'd like the user to be able to drag an item from the Queue into the table and it run javascript to create a new row with customized field values based on what was dragged at the appropriate index in the table's model.
  • Arne-Per HeurbergArne-Per Heurberg ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2020
    This has been working great. Thank you!

However on a v1 page, somehow lost the actual visible place holder. It moves the row but you can't see what you are moving. Any ideas? What actually defines 'ui-state-highlight" Thanks in advance!

listContents.sortable({
            placeholder: "ui-state-highlight",
            stop: function( event, ui ) {
               var data = ui.item.data('object'),
                   model = data.list.model,
                   movedRow = data.row,
                   target = $(event.target);

target.children().each(function(index,tr){
                   var row =  $(tr).data('object').row,
                       order = row.LineItemListOrder__c;
                  if (index + 1 !== order) {
                      model.updateRow(row,'LineItemListOrder__c',index+1,{initiatorId:component._GUID});
                  }
               });

}
        });