Tab names covered

Hi - we have some reps who are seeing their tabs at a fixed width so the full names are overwritten.  

From one of our reps:

Google Chrome Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

Joe~

Is there any CSS class assigned to that tab set? If so, what is the CSS code? If not, is there any CSS on the Theme that’s being used for that page that affects all tables? 

Do all of the users have something in common (e.g. same profile)? Are there others who have that same thing in common but are not having this occur? Are all of the users using the Chrome version you noted? Are others using the Chrome version not experiencing this? 

Thanks!
Karen

Hi Karen,

No CSS code anywhere.  The problem users are all between 2 profiles.  Most of our users are on Macs but this example is on Windows 10. I’m on W10 and not having that problem.  

Joe~

What version of Skuid are you running?

Thanks!
Karen

Joe~

What version of Skuid are you running?

Thanks!
Karen

Joe,

Sorry for the delayed response, not sure if you are still having problems with this or not. Can you make a simple page using standard Salesforce objects, like the account object, and put a tab set on there with a bunch of empty tabs with long tab names and see what happens? Are you able to log in as someone with one of those two profiles? Do you still see this occurring? 

Thanks!
Karen

Hi Karen - a rep came over yesterday and had the same problem but when I log in as them, I don’t see the overlap. Strange.

Joe~

Hmmmm, that is really strange. Can you try asking your the users that are seeing the tab names get covered to log into another computer or browser and see if they still have that happen? 

Thanks!
Karen

@karen - still experiencing the same problems now in Brooklyn. !(https://us.v-cdn.net/6032350/uploads/attachments/RackMultipart20170113-130802-1cfubvl-unnamed 1 inline.png “Image https//d2r1vs3d9006apcloudfrontnet/s3_images/1536480/RackMultipart20170113-130802-1cfubvl-unnamed__1__inlinepng1484325063”)
!(https://us.v-cdn.net/6032350/uploads/attachments/RackMultipart20170113-75842-z909vr-unnamed 2 inline.png “Image https//d2r1vs3d9006apcloudfrontnet/s3_images/1536481/RackMultipart20170113-75842-z909vr-unnamed__2__inlinepng1484325076”)
The table at the bottom also has the footer floating higher than it should.

Hi Joe,

A couple questions for you - 
- Have you checked your Themes page to make sure they’ve been updated? If they haven’t, a button should be present on the page to update them. 
- Is this page using a custom theme, or one out of the box?
- Is this only happening on one page, or any other pages using this theme? (In fact, you might try to build another page using the same theme, and add components in one by one to see if you can reproduce the issue.)
- Are the affected users consistently seeing this behavior, or is it intermittent? Do they see the behavior across browsers, or perhaps do they have the same browser in common?

Theme update didn’t fix the problem.  
Using the Lightning Design theme out of the box. 
Multiple pages
Consistently seeing the problem
Most people are using Chrome - will try another browser but it’s been going on for 6 months.

No problem with Safari

Joe, there’s no chance of any css-related assets being cached by the browser is there? 

We aren’t technical enough to use CSS :slight_smile:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tab Set Tabs Overlapping. Some of our end users are experiencing issues with Tab Sets - The tabs overlap each other and are formatted oddly.

They are using Chrome as their browser. I’m also using Chrome but don’t have the issue.

Anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

@Mark - someone on the team here logged in as multiple people on Chrome and saw the problem for some people and no problems for other people.  Then she logged in on Safari and everyone saw things as they should.  Looks isolated to Chrome and not tied to cache or anything else since we can flip users and some have the labels overlap and others not have the problem.

HI @Mark - any ideas?

Hi Joe, the key to being able to progress this is having a way of reproducing the issue in our hands, and it sounds like that has proven to be tricky in this case. So far, you’ve found that Chrome is a consistent factor, but not all Chrome users are affected. Do you know whether those who ARE affected are always affected, or whether the same user will only sometimes see the issue?

Hi Mark, I work closely with Joe so I can chime in here. Unless Joe has seen otherwise, I’ve seen that the problem is always consistent for them - they are always affected. Let me know what other information I can provide. If it would be helpful to set up a call with one of these users and screen-share, please let me know I can help set that up.