Decimal fields are shown as blank on UI when the value is ZERO

edited March 1, 2017 in Questions
Hi,

I have few currency fields displaying on UI as a template field in a table.
When a field value is ZERO, it shows as blank on UI.

Here is the template formula :

{{#discountedPrice}}<div style="font-weight: bold">{{currencyCode}} {{discountedPrice}}</div>{{/discountedPrice}}{{#discountedPrice}}<div style="color :DimGray ;text-decoration: line-through">{{currencyCode}} {{listPrice}}</div>{{/discountedPrice}}
{{^discountedPrice}}{{#listPrice}}<div style="font-weight:bold">{{currencyCode}} {{listPrice}}</div>{{/listPrice}}{{/discountedPrice}}

discountedPrice
listPrice  - When both of these are ZERO, it shows as blank.

Expected is : 0.00

What I want to do is : display values if it's not null (Meaning ZERO or any other value except null)

What changes should I have to make for this formula ?

Comments

• edited March 1, 2017
    Hi KVin,

It looks like the merging language we use (mustacheJS) does not distinguish between 0 and nulls for its out of the box functionality. So the template is not showing any content when both discountedPrice and listPrice are 0. You could add a section like the bold one below, but then it would treat null values as 0's and they would show up as 0.00.

{{#discountedPrice}}
        <div style="font-weight: bold">{{currencyCode}} {{discountedPrice}}</div>
    {{/discountedPrice}}

{{#discountedPrice}}
        <div style="color :DimGray ;text-decoration: line-through">{{currencyCode}} {{listPrice}}</div>
    {{/discountedPrice}}

{{^discountedPrice}}
        {{#listPrice}}
            <div style="font-weight:bold">{{currencyCode}} {{listPrice}}</div>
        {{/listPrice}}
        {{^listPrice}}
            <div style="font-weight:bold">{{currencyCode}} 0.00</div>
        {{/listPrice}}
    {{/discountedPrice}}

I think Skuid should add another built in merge function similar to {{#encodeUrl}}{{/encodeUrl}} called {{#isNumberZero}}{{/isNumberZero}} or something like that. That way you could differentiate between zero and null in your merges.