picklist field showing old values, field dependencies not working

Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
edited October 15, 2019 in Questions
Seems like a page caching issue, but I've cleared browsing data, used Incognito Mode, used a different browser, and still I have a pop-up that creates a new row on an object that has three dependent picklists. The middle one is not rendering properly based on the top-level one. In addition, that picklist is showing one picklist value that has been replaced and deleted.Β 

Any ideas?Β 

Page caching is off, server-side processing is on.

Comments

  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited January 12, 2018
    So, when I created a brand new skuid page it worked fine. But even if I remove the field editor and add it back again, I get the old version picklist field.Β 
  • edited October 15, 2019
    Any chance they are actually different picklists?One time I created two fields with virtually identical names and drove myself nuts trying to figure out why my changes weren't taking place. I was updating the wrong field.
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited May 25, 2016
    Nope. Just double-triple checked, on object and in schema builder.

    Not a big deal, it was better to replace this with a page include, but I do think there might be some bug here.Β 


  • Rob HatchRob Hatch πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited September 1, 2016
    Skuid does cache metadata and so I can imagine you seeing old picklist values after you had made changes in Setup. Β However - we clear the metadata cache whenever a change is made to the skuid page, Β so I'm suprized that removing and re-adding the field editor did not correct the problem.Β 

    We'll keep an eye out for this issue and dig on it if we see it again. Β But for now I'm glad you got your problem fixed.Β 

  • edited November 21, 2016
    I am having this same issue. I have a picklist Contact Status with new picklist values and old options deleted, but all options are showing up in skuid. This is major issue for us right now that I can't fix.Β 

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited January 12, 2018
    Have you tried removing the field from your model on the skuid page, refreshing the fields (or refreshing the page builder page), and adding the field again? I believe that worked for me... eventually. Seems like I had to do that maybe more than once.Β 
  • edited June 6, 2017
    I had a similar problem and discovered that if the page with the field picklist that isn't working is included as a page include, then both pages need to be re-saved. (I also removed the fields and re-added them, but this might be overkill)
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited July 11, 2018
    I cannot get a new value to show up in a picklist. It's on a page include on a page that is a child page. I have removed and re-added the field from the model on both the page include and the child page, and turned off page caching on the master page. I have Disable Cache turned on in the Chrome dev console. I've logged out and logged back in. I'm about to just clone my page include, but it shouldn't take this much effort.Β 
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited July 11, 2018
    Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It was a dependent picklist and I hadn't added the value to the right controlling field option. Sorry for the spam
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!