conditional columns

Spoke to Irvin about this today. I have a lot of pages that I’d like to be able to set columns to be conditional. Especially relevant when there are multiple record types in the Account or Contact objects.

Oh yes… We’ve heard this before… 

Is this something we can look forward to in any upcoming Skuid releases? At the moment we have to conditionally render whole new tables to achieve this outcome which is a non-elegant solution, and prone to error. I’m sure a lot of people would be super excited :slight_smile:

I asked this a few weeks ago and I believe the answer was that it is being considered, but is not planned for near term releases.

Yup.  That’s right.  Sorry guys. 

This code will hide a column (e.g. the fourth column) on all tables on a page. I can’t guarantee it will play nicely with all Skuid code though. 

skuid.$('.nx-skootable-data tr > *:nth-child(4)').hide();

We have definitely played with something similar of our own before Ryan. A snippet like this is great for a static table, the table will appear nicely with the column hidden when the data is initially loaded. However, we always encounter problems when the model containing the data is re-queried (the table data is edited, filtered, more rows are loaded etc.).

While we are stuck making our own fixes on the client-side, and until we can shove something into the table source code to prevent the table from being drawn based upon a condition, I feel like we are a little stuck.

Thanks, that’s good to know.

I’m pleased to announce that you can now conditionally render table columns as of the Brooklyn GA release (located at https://skuid.secure.force.com/skuidreleases).

Thanks!
Amy