Picklist Value Rendering Based on Text Field Value

edited July 13, 2017 in Questions
I imagine someone has asked this before, but I can't seem to find it after looking through a few dozen topics.

Here's the scenario:
  • Field A is a text field which can have values such as Tier 0, Tier 1, Tier, 2, etc. populated by WF rules
  • Field B is a picklist for upgrading the above Tiers with 2 values, Tier 3 and Tier 4
  • Tier 3 should only be available for select if Field A is Tier 2, or if Field B itself is Tier 3 (so we can unselect the upgrade)
  • Tier 4 should always be selectable
We've used a custom snippet before for picklist rendering, but due to being JS novices, I can't seem to figure out how to incorporate a second field.

This is what we previously used for Lead Status, which was only rendering based on its own values:

var field = arguments[0],    //value = skuid.utils.decodeHTML(arguments[1]);
    value = arguments[1],
    $ = skuid.$;

var picklistEntries = field.metadata.picklistEntries;

// If value is Reached Out or Engaged,
// then only show those values
if ($.inArray(value,['Reached Out','Engaged'])!==-1) {
    picklistEntries.length = 0;    
    picklistEntries.push(
        { value: 'Reached Out', label: 'Reached Out', defaultValue: false, active: true },
        { value: 'Engaged', label: 'Engaged', defaultValue: false, active: true }
    );
} else if (value==='Sales Accepted') {
    picklistEntries.length = 0;   
    picklistEntries.push(
        { value: 'Sales Accepted', label: 'Sales Accepted', defaultValue: false, active: true },
        { value: 'Reached Out', label: 'Reached Out', defaultValue: false, active: true },
        { value: 'Engaged', label: 'Engaged', defaultValue: false, active: true }
    );
}

// Run the standard picklist renderer for the given mode
skuid.ui.fieldRenderers[field.metadata.displaytype][field.mode](field,value);  

Where might I start to pull in that Field A value and use that in the logic? (I really this is pretty basic, so thanks in advance)

Comments

• Matt SonesMatt Sones 💎💎💎
    edited February 10, 2017
    Dylan,

You need to get a reference to the model and row of the field whose data you want to use.

In this case, I'd assume that Field A is on the same model as Field B.
    // get the model and row
    var model = field.model,
        row = field.row;
    // get the value of Field A
    var fieldA = model.getFieldValue(row,'Field_A__c');
    From there you can use an if or switch with the value of fieldA to determine what values to push into your picklist for Field B.

Does that make sense?