Charts: scroll through dates on category axes

Matt SonesMatt Sones ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
edited February 10, 2017 in Ideas
In the case where the category axes on a chart is a date or datetime, it would be awesome to set ranges for the category axes, and then be able to scroll/click through next and previous periods.

For example, if the granularity is Day, it would be nice to see one weeks worth of data at a time, and then have buttons to see the previous week or next week.

Perhaps this can already be done with conditions on the model and some javacript?
Or maybe using a blank table on the model with a date filter? Although that option wouldn't include a previous/next, it would allow the user to set a date range.
1 votes

Under Consideration ยท Last Updated

Comments

• Rob HatchRob Hatch ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
    edited September 1, 2016
    I definitely like your idea of scrollable periods for charts. ย But I'm sure our devs are just rolling thier eyes at us..ย 

OTOH. ย It seems feasible to repurpose this thread about moving dates forward and backward with buttons to achieve some of what you want.ย 
    https://community.skuidify.com/skuid/topics/previous_and_next_day_button

This tool provides buttons that adjust the model, ย which would force the chart to refresh with the appropriate data. ย  It would probably be pretty slick..ย 

• Matt SonesMatt Sones ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž
    edited February 10, 2017
    Yeah, I've already implemented something similar with Pat's help in the mobile builder. It just seemed like a common-enough functionality that it could make it on the long-term dev list. Thanks!