file uploads using ios 8 problems?

I have started to get reports from users that have updated to IOS 8 that the file upload field renderer stops working before any file can be selected (just after choosing camera och library). I’ve found some bug reports on the first IOS 8 versions and Safari doing file uploads from the browser. So I have asked the users to make sure they are on IOS 8.0.2 and try both Safari and Chrome. No feedback from them yet but I wanted to check if there are any known problems in this area. Will update on of our devices later today to do some testing.

just got confirmation back from one user that it works on IOS 8.0.2 using Safari but not using latest Chrome. Since both are webkit browsers I suspect that the next chrome update might fix this.

Thanks for alerting us to this Peter.  I know that a few of us have gone to iOS 8 - but they have not been the ones heavily using or developing Mobile.  We’ll check it out. 

A little bit more feedback from testing. Using IOS 8.0.2 and Safari seems to work on all devices. However Chrome (version 37.0.2062.60) does not work on iPad mini. However it does work ok on iPhone 6. Also on the iPad the popup asking whether to use camera or image library appears at a distance from the + sign, See image,

It seems the latest Chrome update that came out last night have solved the problem.

Thanks Peter.