Assigning values from Column Summaries to Fields

edited January 20, 2018 in Questions
Hi there,

This seems like it would be quite simple, but I have not been able to find a way to assign the "Sum" from a Column Summary to a Field.

In the image below, I have a custom object that tracks 'Payments' related to a 'Contact'.

Ideally, I would like to assign 'Summary A' and 'Summary B' to Fields on the Contact model.

Finally, I could have a Formula Field on the Contact called 'Payment Balance'.
'Payment Balance'Β = 'Summary A' (minus) 'Summary B'

Any help or suggested alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 18, 2014
    It will probably be easier to use a SalesForce rollup summary field to SUM the Amount Due and Amount Received. Doing it in skuid will involve a lot of JavaScript and it's much easier to create a rollup in SF (unless you're out of rollups).Β 
  • edited October 20, 2017
    Thanks Moshe. I was hoping that since Skuid had the Column Summary feature built into the Table Component, that it would be relatively simple to assign that Summary to a Field Value.

I'll try using the rollup summary field for the time-being as a work-around. Cheers.
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited September 1, 2016
    Though the summary values are built into the table component - we do not expose them through the javascript API. Β  Sorry.Β 
  • edited October 20, 2017
    No worries. The rollup summary fields work just fine as an alternative.
    Thanks for all your help Rob! Greatly appreciated.
  • Matt SonesMatt Sones πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited February 10, 2017
    Any chance those values will be exposed anytime soon? It would be super handy! :)
  • edited January 20, 2018
    With the introduction of UI-Only formula fields that can use model lookups, being able to access these column summary values would be invaluable to us!
  • Rob HatchRob Hatch πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    edited September 1, 2016
    I hear your pain. Β At this point you have to do all this in javascript..Β 
  • edited July 3, 2017
    var sum = function(model, field) {
    var sum = 0;
    skuid.$.each(model.data, function() {
    sum += this[field];
    });
    return sum;
    }
    If anyone else was looking for a quick and dirty JavaScript solution
  • edited June 7, 2017
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing this little snippet Velvel.
  • David ForderDavid Forder ✭✭
    edited July 3, 2017
    Hi Velvel.. just a quick follow up question. What would be added to write that sum to a UI field on the model - all rows I guess? Can it be done?