adding a click event

As part of an ongoing effort to add some events to SKUID forms I had the idea that I could trap the click event using jquery

so i put this in “inline” javascript

skuid.$( “input” ).click(function() {  alert( “Handler for .click() called.” );
});

but this doesn’t give any message when I click on inputs

I must be missing something

Thanks

My guess is that the input elements don’t exist at the time your selecter is run.  I would use jquery’s “on” functionality instead and put the event handler on the page.

skuid.$( ".nx-page" ).on('click','input',function() {&nbsp; <br>&nbsp; &nbsp; alert( "Handler for .click() called." );<br>});

Ben,
Thanks, that worked.
When I look at the DOM I see only “” for input fields… so I assume SKUID is doing some magic to create the actual input
What I’m trying to do is find a way to add click, blur and change events they way I could if I were in more control of the HTML. I know there are Model events I can get… but I’d like to get them at the DOM level because some events there that are meaningful for UI design don’t ever get to the model.
I suspect I would have to create my own custom component to do this. Is there a way I could create a custom component to create an input field that wrapped the SKUID input field and allowed me to add javascript for those 3 events ?