Overriding a 'tasks' tab - standardController error for VF page

I’m having a little trouble creating a salesforce tab named tasks which redirects to a Skuid page with some task tables. The tasks are not linked to a specific record so I’ve made a VF page using ‘Task’ as the standardController. I’m getting the error:

Error: List controllers are not supported for Task
I'm sure I'm doing something daft here... Any ideas? Thanks!

Here’s my VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Task" recordSetVar="c"
 extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{!redirect}?page=TaskTab"> </apex:page>

Hi Louis,

Nothing “daft”, this is actually tricky since, as you’ve noticed, the Task object does not support standard overrides of the List or Tab actions.

What you’ll need to do is the following (some of which you’ve probably already done):

1. Modify your VF Page to have this override syntax: ``` ```
  2. Create a new Visualforce Tab that is associated with this VF Page.

Worked perfectly thanks - almost got there!

Worked perfectly for me, too.

I was happy to find this topic as I was having trouble with a task-centric skuid page. Unfortunately the solution provided by Zach is not working.  Here is the error message:

The name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must begin with a letter and be unique, and must not include spaces, end with an underscore, or contain two consecutive underscores. 

Here’s the url that the VF page preview generates:
…skuid.na16.visual.force.com/apex/UI&page=TaskTab

Here’s the url when previewing the page from skuid builder:
…skuid.na16.visual.force.com/apex/skuid__ui?page=TaskTab

Jared~

Were you able to create the VF tab?

Try this for the VF page …
<apex:page action=“{!redirect}&page=TaskTab”

extensions="Redirects" standardController="Task"> </apex:page> Thanks! Karen

No go:  Error: Apex class ‘Redirects’ does not exist

Jared~

Strange, that’s exactly how I have my VF page set up …

And my VF Tab:

Results in this page:

One thing I noticed, though, is that our URLs look different:

Thanks!
Karen

Karen,

Thank you for the thorough response.  In production, v7.27.  I will test this in our sandbox, which is on a more recent release of Skuid (8.15.9), and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Jared

Jared, change your override code to use a ? instead of a & right before page=TaskTab:

<apex:page controller=“skuid.Redirects” action=“{!redirect}?page=TaskTab”/>

Thanks, Zach!  That did the trick.  And thanks to Karen as well.  Probably a good time to update the skuid version in production anyway.

Spoke too soon. The visualforce page works on its own. However, when I try to access from a visualforce tab, I get this:

You’ve been INKED! (Something went wrong)
Skuid was unable to redirect the user to standard Salesforce Page Layouts, and no Skuid Page could be used instead.

Visualforce config (I noticed in Karen’s screenshot that her VF page has a skuid namespace. Don’t see a way to add that.)

Here’s the visualforce page when previewed:

Here’s the tab config:

And what happens when I try to use the tab:

This happens when logged in as system administrator. I have enabled all profiles for this visualforce page.

I get the same results in both the sandbox (v 8.19.5) and production (v 7.27)

Spoke too soon. The visualforce page works on its own. However, when I try to access from a visualforce tab, I get this:

You’ve been INKED! (Something went wrong)
Skuid was unable to redirect the user to standard Salesforce Page Layouts, and no Skuid Page could be used instead.

Visualforce config (I noticed in Karen’s screenshot that her VF page has a skuid namespace. Don’t see a way to add that.)

Here’s the visualforce page when previewed:

Here’s the tab config:

And what happens when I try to use the tab:

This happens when logged in as system administrator. I have enabled all profiles for this visualforce page.

I get the same results in both the sandbox (v 8.19.5) and production (v 7.27)

See previous comment for screenshots and error details.  Visualforce preview of Skuid page is working, but the VF tab is not cooperating.