What is the best way to have a lookup that supports creating a new record if one isn't found?

2»

Comments

• Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX 💎💎
    edited May 2016
    Dave, I know this was two years ago, so you may be doing something totally different now, but I think I finally have enough Skuid knowledge to understand your solution and find it totally amazing. One question I have is, how do know which models to save when you say "Save Models in Context", if you have this button as an item in your custom header on all pages?

I guess this was before Master Pages and the Navigation component, so maybe you just built the same page title as a header over and over on every page, so you could choose the models to save.

Is there some way to have a button action that looks at all the models that exist in that context and save them, without having to explicitly declare model names?
  • DaveDave 💎
    edited December 2016
    Good catch, I see what u mean and could be a little issue.

What is that myns component you are mentioning?

Thx
  • Jack SanfordJack Sanford San Antonio, TX 💎💎
    edited May 2016
    the genius of Barry Schnell: https://community.skuid.com/skuid/topics/popup-controller-component-disable-x-escape-key-and-hook-di...

A lot of what he did got incorporate in the After-Close Actions now available on popups, but the disable X button is still pretty useful