Default Tab issue in App

I have created a Skuid Page, as well as a VF page that overrides the Account Tab. The override works great, but I have one issue. When I set the default tab to “Account” to an app I created, it redirects me to the skuid app instead of the app I intend to access. If I set the default tab to “Home” in the app I created, it works as intended. Is there a way to set “Account” as my default tab and be able to access the app?

Hi Glenn, To get this to work you will have to use a different override syntax:

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordsetvar="a" extensions="skuid.Redirects" showChat="false" docType="html-5.0" readonly="true" showheader="true" sidebar="false" action="{!IF(canUseSkuid,'',redirect)}" title="{!$ObjectType.Account.labelPlural}"> <skuid:page actiontype="Tab" objecttype="Account"/> </apex:page> 

This requires that you have setup at least one Page Assignment for the Account object and Tab action, i.e. something like this:

It’d be great if this was in the official documentation. I just had this same problem.

Aron~

Glad you were able to find this post!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve let our documentation team know to include this so people don’t have to scour the community for how to do this.

Thanks again!
Karen

Hi all,

For any users that may end up here in the future, we now have a tutorial on setting a Skuid page as your default tab in a Salesforce app:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/visualforce/#additional-deployment-settings

Both the standard method and Zach’s troubleshooting advice are documented in this tutorial, with links to additional material on what each piece (page assignments, the skuid:page Visualforce component) does as well.

Hope you find this helpful!
Cody

Link in latest post is forbidden.

Apologies for the broken link. Here is the correct URL: https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/visualforce/#additional-deployment-settings

I’ve also edited the post above for future users. Thank you for catching this, Michael!