Dynamic Report that Finally Answers Question "What Did I Do Today?"

I’d like to find a way to create a dynamic report that answers the question “What Did I Do Today?” that counts total Activity Types by User. I’d like to filter on different time periods Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Quarter, Last Quarter, This Year, Last Year. To build a Report Page in Skuid, I have done the following: Added a text formula field with the value “1” (without the quotes) to the Activity Object called ActivityCountOne__c Created a Model called ActivityHistory Created an Aggregation TotalActivities - SUM(ActivityCountOne__c) Created the Condition OwnerID= ‘’ (inactive) Created the Condition ActivityDate= (Filterable as ActivityDate) (inactive) Created the Condtion OwnerId= (userinfo) User Id (filterable as OwnerId_ME) (inactive) Created the Condition ActivityType= ‘’ (filterable as ActivityType) (inactive) Create a Grouping ActivityType-ActivityType Created a Model Called ActivityOwner Added Fields Name and Id Created Condition Id - (userinfo) User Id In a Table, I addd Type and the Sum(ActivityCountOne_c) fields I add Filter for ActivityDate with Model Condition to Effect set to ActivityDate I set Manual Sources for the Filter ActivityDate: Today with Value TODAY. I create also one for Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month, This Year, and Last Year with the value in caps with an underscore, if needed, to connect two words. I created about 4 activity histories for today to use for the test. When I launch in preview, I get the error: There were 1 problems with this Skuid Page. Click to display… 1. An error occurred while attempting to perform the following SOQL query: SELECT ActivityType ActivityType,SUM(ActivityCountOne__c) sumActivityCountOnec FROM ActivityHistory GROUP BY ActivityType LIMIT 101 Error:entity type ActivityHistory does not support query What am I missing?

You cannot query on the Activity History object (see http://community.skuid.com/t/can_i_create_a_list_of_activity_records

You should build your activity reporting on the task object itself.  This won’t necessarily let you see churn on one particular task,  but if you do you filtering on last activity date,  or due date you can see at least one count for each task. 

I assume you are following along with Anna’s tutorial at http://help.skuidify.com/s/tutorials/m/models-conditions-filters/l/102652-aggregate-models-make-dyna…

I need to build something like this, but am not versed as well as you professionals. Any advice or information you can give me before I begin my journey?

Eugene,  what Krista is doing above is on the right track.  She needed to go against the Task objects.  But other than that,  I believe you can follow her steps and get good results without being a professional.