How do I give fields different edit modes (in-line, read only, edit) in the same field editor?

Matt BrownMatt Brown ✭✭✭✭
edited February 10, 2017 in Questions
So, the field editor can be set to edit mode, read with in-line editing, and read only. However, I'd like to have checkboxes be in edit mode (so I don't have to click the pencil/edit button in order to check the box) while having the rest of the field editor in in-line mode. Is it possible to set some fields to one kind of edit mode and others to another?

Comments

• Matt BrownMatt Brown ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2016
    From Anna Wiersema: Go into the page where you want this to be, and click to add an inline javascript snippet. add this: var field = arguments[0], value = arguments[1]; field.mode = 'edit'; var renderers = skuid.ui.fieldRenderers; var dt = field.metadata.displaytype; var r = renderers[dt]; if (!r) r = renderers.TEXT; r.edit(field,value); Then, click on the field that you want in the editor and for Field Renderer choose custom and enter the name of your snippet. and voilà. it's in edit mode.
  • edited February 10, 2017
    Any ideas how I could implement something like this for a Lookup field where I'm using the Field Renderer as a Picklist option ? I can't set it to both Picklist and to Custom.
  • Matt SonesMatt Sones 💎💎💎
    edited December 7, 2016
    Simon,

This should help: http://help.skuidify.com/m/11720/l/214147-skuid-ui-field-renderers

I think you're looking for something like this?
    var field=arguments[0],
    value=arguments[1];
    skuid.ui.fieldRenderers.REFPICK.edit(field,value);
  • Matt SonesMatt Sones 💎💎💎
    edited December 7, 2016
    Set the field to custom field renderer, and then use the above javascript snippet.
  • edited February 27, 2015
    Thanks - I solved it by adding a 'Create New Row' action to the button that loaded the panel, and setting it to be in Edit Mode:

Seems to work fine.